2 Adults, 3 Children Hospitalized in Long Beach After Getting Sick From Cleaning Products
Two adults and three children were hospitalized Sunday afternoon after apparently getting sick from cleaning products, a fire official reported.
At about 4:35 p.m. police and fire officials responded to a home in the 5500 block of Ackerfield Avenue after a family got sick while cleaning their house with chemicals, said Jake Heflin, public information officer for the Long Beach Fire Department.
The youngest victims were a 10-month-old baby, and two boys, ages 6 and 9. The children and adults were taken to a nearby hospital for evaluation, but were expected to be fine.
The family was believed to have been using bleach that may have been mixed with other chemicals, Heflin said.
A hazardous material team from the Long Beach Fire Department was working to determine the exact cause of the family’s illness.
- Exquisite Ferrari 250 GT Declared Finest Classic On Earth
- ‘What If…?’ Director Bryan Andrews On Creating The Evil Doctor Strange And How The Next Seasons Will Be “A Little Bit Wilder”
- The Dog Poop Bags And Dispensers That Pet Parents Use
- Laser Archaeology: Revealing the Amazon’s Urban Jungle
- 2023 Corvette Z06 Will Be Hit With Gas Guzzler Tax