2021 Porsche Taycan Base Model Arrives With RWD And $79,900 Price Tag
Porsche continues to expand its US market Taycan lineup with a new variant of the all-electric luxury performance sedan. Introducing the 2021 Porsche Taycan, the highly anticipated base model we predicted was coming this week. It’s simply called the Taycan with no additional moniker like 4S, Turbo, and Turbo S. In fact, we’ve already seen this base trim Taycan when it debuted last summer for the Chinese market. But starting now, US buyers can join the fun as the entry-level Taycan fills a hole in the lineup.
Priced from $79,900, the 2021 Taycan costs a full $24,900 and $71,000 less than the cheapest Taycan 4S and Taycan Turbo, respectively. Buyers continue to qualify for the $7,500 federal tax credit. The Taycan is rear-wheel-drive only and shares the same rear-mounted electric motor with the 4S, for a total of 402 horsepower and 254 lb-ft of torque in over-boost mode with launch control.
- Donald Trump Pardons Steve Bannon; ‘Tiger King’ Joe Exotic Not Among 143 Given Clemency Or Commuted Sentence In Administration
- This Could Be The First All-Canadian EV
- Richard Lindheim Dies: TV Executive & ‘The Equalizer’ Co-Creator Was 81
- Official: America’s Next Honda HR-V Will Be Totally Unique
- Twitter Temporarily Suspends Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene’s Account