5 Dutch Braids High Bun
The other day, someone told me I looked like Cara Delevigne from the movie Valerian.
I found a picture of her wearing a hairstyle similar to this one and thought it was such a fun, summer hairstyle. It’s a great heatless style and would even work on wet hair too. Wear it to the beach or the pool to keep your hair off your neck and out of the way! Thank you so much for watching! xoxo, Missy
5 Dutch Braids High Bun Supplies:
- Rattail comb
- Hair sectioning clips
- Bobby pins
- Paddle brush
- Hair band
- Medium-hold hairspray
5 Dutch Braids High Bun Instructions:
- Step 1 / Start by dividing out a small section of hair along the top of the head by creating two part lines and clipping down the bottom hair.
- Step 2 / With this top section of hair create a dutch braid by crossing the side strands under the middle strand while bringing new sections into the braid until the braid reaches the crown.
- Step 3 / Continue the braid a little further down and then slide a bobby pin over the bottom so it doesn’t unravel.
- Step 4 / Now divide out a similar sized section of hair on the right side of the head and repeat those same steps creating a second dutch braid.
- Step 5 / Then divide out a third section on the left side of the head and create a third braid.
- Step 6 / Now create two more dutch braid with the two remaining sections of hair above both the left and right ears.
- Step 7 / Once all five braids are done, all of the hair together at the crown and wrap it once with a hair band.
- Step 8 / Then remove the bobby pins from the ends of the braids and unravel them.
- Step 9 / Spread the hair around the hair band before wrapping the hair band twice more over the hair to form the base of the bun.
- Step 10 / Loop the ends back towards the hair band and tuck them in.
- Step 11 / Now pull on the edges of the bun to tighten it against the head and make it a little fuller.
- Step 12 / Then pin down any edges of the bun where the hair band shows through.