9-Month-Old in West Virginia Dies After ‘Worst Case of Sex Assault’ in Decades: Officials
A 9-month-old baby has died after she was allegedly raped by a 32-year-old man in West Virginia, according to officials.
Jackson County officials say this incident was the worst sexual assault case they’ve seen in two decades, according to KTLA sister station KUTV in Salt Lake City.
Benjamin Taylor, 32, was found Monday morning with the child in the basement of an apartment he shared with his girlfriend, who is the mother of the baby. The baby was unresponsive and covered with blood, officials say.
Family members told West Virginia Metro News that the baby was clinically brain-dead with no hope of waking up.
Deputies were notified of the incident by the mother, who said she had been asleep but woke up to find Taylor in the basement with her baby.
Taylor will now face a murder charge on top of the count of first-degree sexual assault. Authorities say Taylor had a criminal record, but a motive was not yet known.
Taylor is in jail under a $2 million bond.
The investigation is ongoing, authorities said.
- World’s Oldest Marathon Runner Fauja Singh To Be Subject Of Biopic From Indian Creative Trio
- Photosynthesis WITHOUT THE SUN
- 2021 Porsche Taycan Base Model Arrives With RWD And $79,900 Price Tag
- When Algae Learned to Hunt
- Donald Trump Pardons Steve Bannon; ‘Tiger King’ Joe Exotic Not Among 143 Given Clemency Or Commuted Sentence In Administration