Apple Replacing Damaged iPhone 6 Plus with 6s Plus Due to Stock Issues
Apple has a hard time dealing with all battery repairs as part of the discount from $79 to $29 following the power management fiasco, and it looks like the company is switching to plan B in the case of older devices requiring more complex servicing.
Cupertino has already suspended battery replacements until March and April because of the limited battery stocks, and now it looks like Apple plans to substitute damaged iPhone 6 Plus units requiring full replacements with the iPhone 6s Plus until the end of March.
An internal memo obtained by MacRumors points out that Apple wants “orders for whole unit service inventory of some iPhone 6 Plus may be substituted to an iPhone 6s Plus until the end of March 2018,” but no specifics were provided as to what models qualify for the replacement and why the company turned to this decision.
The cited source speculates that Apple o… (read more)
- AMD Outs January Radeon Adrenalin ReLive Graphics Drivers – Get Version 18.1.1
- Apple Says iOS 11 Now Runs on 65% of Supported iPhone, iPad, and iPod Devices
- Sony Rolls Out a New Firmware for Its PlayStation 4 Systems – Get Version 5.05
- Apple Will Release Fix for iPhone-Crashing “chaiOS” Malicious Link Next Week
- New GeForce Game Ready Driver Available – Download NVIDIA‘s 388.59 Update