‘Big Brother’ Tops Ratings Thursday Amid NFL Preemptions, ‘Holey Moley’ Finale – Update
UPDATED with final numbers: CBS’ Big Brother topped a Thursday again littered with NFL preseason preemptions, coming away as the night’s top-rated and most-watched program with a 1.2 rating and 4.36 million viewers. The show saw only a tenth of a point shaved from its NFL-inflated preliminary numbers, which were adjusted down by a tenth or two for every show in primetime in final numbers. Its final results Thursday were up in both metrics compared with last week.
All those downward adjustments included Fox’s coverage of the Jacksonville-Miami preseason game (0.8, 2.90M) in primetime, keeping MasterChef on the sidelines but giving the network the overall demo win. The game tipped ABC’s Holey Moley (0.6, 2.65M) for the top spot among originals in the 8 PM hour, with the mini-golf competition airing its first-season finale at 9 PM (0.5, 2.06M). That latter rating is on par with last week’s performance. Reef Break (0.3, 2.45M) was up a tenth for ABC at 10 PM.
‘BH90210’ Stumbles As ‘Big Brother’ Owns Wednesday Night
CBS was first overall in total viewers thanks to Big Brother and repeats from The Big Bang Theory, Young Sheldon and FBI.
The CW aired a new episode of Outpost (0.1, 650,000) and a fresh Two Sentence Horror Story (0.1, 450K) at 9 PM which were both rock-steady week to week. NBC aired all repeats.
Check out the new chart with final numbers below.
PREVIOUSLY, 9:15 AM: CBS’ Big Brother led a night littered with NFL preseason preemptions Thursday, winning the night a preliminary 1.3 rating and 5.13 million viewers in numbers that as usual will likely be adjusted down later today.
As of now, CBS and NBC tied for primetime’s top spot in the demo while the latter edged the former in total viewers as both networks featured only one non-repeat in their lineups combined.
Fox meanwhile aired the Jacksonville-Miami preseason game in primetime, which also will impact final Nielsen numbers. It collided with back-to-back episodes including the season finale of Holey Moley on ABC, followed by a fresh Reef Break at 10 PM.
The CW aired originals of Outpost and Two Sentence Horror Stories.
Here’s the chart with final numbers:
Here was the chart with preliminary numbers:
- ‘The Good Place’: NBC & Paley Center Team On One-Hour Special Commemorating Final Season
- Carolyn Strauss On Rare Emmy Trifecta, ‘Game Of Thrones’ Finale, Potential ‘Chernobyl’ & ‘Deadwood’ Follow-Ups
- How ‘Hostile Planet’ Composer Benjamin Wallfisch Channeled The Beauty & Horror Within Nature, Telling Animals’ Stories Through Music
- Matthew Modine Supporters Decry “Politics Of Personal Destruction” After Objections To His Joke At SAG-AFTRA Meeting
- Tarantino’s ‘Hollywood’ Has Bountiful $54M Overseas Weekend, Tops ‘Django’ In Debuts; ‘Hobbs & Shaw’ Muscles In On $437M WW – International Box Office