BMW i4 Will Be A Serious Threat To The Tesla Model 3
For comparison, the entry-level Model 3 Standard Range Plus model produces 258 horsepower and 317 lb-ft of torque while delivering an EPA range of 250 miles. The range-topping Performance model still falls short of the i4 with a dual motor setup delivering 450 hp and 472 lb-ft of torque and 310 miles of range.
Encouragingly, these specs also only apply to the base model, as BMW confirmed that additional variants will be available with more power and range. The i4 will ride on a new modular architecture that packages the motor, transmission and electronics and can be mounted at the front or rear axles to provide front-, rear- or all-wheel drive where needed. The BMW i4 is expected to arrive in late 2021.
- Don’t Expect Any New Ferrari Models Next Year
- Nissan’s solution to the distracted-driving problem? A 181-year-old armrest
- ‘Brand New Cherry Flavor’ Series Headlined By Rosa Salazar A Go At Netflix; Catherine Keener, Eric Lange, Jeff Ward & Manny Jacinto Co-Star In Horror Adaptation
- Ryan Murphy Explains Why ‘AHS 1984’ Finale Made Him Cry; Teases ‘AHS’ Season 10 & Beyond, Potential Second ‘9-1-1’ Spinoff & ‘Politician’ Season 2
- Disney Flips The Switch On Disney+, Formally Entering Streaming Derby