Bugatti Explains Why The Chiron Pur Sport Is Slow
“We modified the chassis setup, changing the wheel camber, the stiffness of the springs, and removing 110 pounds of weight. We completely reworked the transmission, shortening all gears by 18 percent, and adapted the engine to cope with the changed gear ratios, with even more torque to achieve incredible acceleration and elasticity. And then we finally developed a new tire together with our strategic partner Michelin,” Ellrott explained.
The change in tires and wheel camber can mostly explain the Pur Sport’s massive drop in top speed. “You can’t drive both 300 mph and go really fast around corners with the same road car,” Ellrott said. “The top speed had to be reduced as we wanted the car to be absolutely geared towards agility, handling, elasticity, acceleration. To achieve this, we willingly sacrificed top speed.”
- Jussie Smollett Lawsuit Against City Of Chicago Tossed By Federal Judge
- 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Widebody Looks Ready To Race
- Trevor Noah’s Daily Show Takes On Bowling Balls, Au Pairs And Donald Trump’s New Immigration Policy
- Presenting The Enhanced 2020 Hyundai Veloster N DCT
- Trevor Noah Calls Out Donald Trump & Fox News Over “Insane” Reopen-America Protests