Carroll Shelby Once Owned This Glorious Aston Martin
Carroll Shelby had a new unit of the W.O. Bentley-designed 2.9-liter straight-six engine fitted, and kept the car with him in Europe throughout the 1959 racing season. But after winning the 24 Hours of Le Mans for Aston Martin, he shipped the car back home to Texas.
The classic Aston has had a succession of owners since, including award-winning actor (and Pebble Beach Concours master-of-ceremonies) Ed Herrmann, who had it brought back to life in the mid-90s by RM Auto Restorations. It was then that Shelby’s previous ownership was discovered, and Herrmann documented its provenance with Carroll himself.
- Rose McGowan Walks Back Her Apology To Iran For Soleimani Airstrike
- The Manual Acura TL Is One Of The Coolest Sedans Ever Made
- Sam Waterston Arrested Again In Latest D.C. Climate Protest Led By Jane Fonda
- The First 2020 Porsche 911 Special Edition Is Here
- Costume Designer Jacqueline Durran Talks ‘Little Women’ Timelines, ‘1917’ Military Attire & Entering Domain Of Superheroes With ‘The Batman’