Crabs Keep Turning Into Land Animals!
This episode is brought to you by the Music for Scientists album! Stream the album on major music services here: https://biglink.to/music-for-scientists. Check out the “For Your Love" music video here: https://youtu.be/YGjjvd34Cvc. When a species evolves from living in water to living on land it’s called terrestrialization, and it’s not an easy task. Yet crabs keep making the jump from sea to shore. Why? And how do they do it? Hosted by: Michael Aranda SciShow has a spinoff podcast! It's called SciShow Tangents. Check it out at http://www.scishowtangents.org
Support SciShow by becoming a patron on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/scishow
Huge thanks go to the following Patreon supporters for helping us keep SciShow free for everyone forever: Silas Emrys, Charles Copley, Jb Taishoff, Jeffrey Mckishen, James Knight, Christoph Schwanke, Jacob, Matt Curls, Christopher R Boucher, Eric Jensen, LehelKovacs, Adam Brainard, Greg, Ash, Sam Lutfi, Piya Shedden, KatieMarie Magnone, Scott Satovsky Jr, charles george, Alex Hackman, Chris Peters, Kevin Bealer ———-
Looking for SciShow elsewhere on the internet?
https://research.nhm.org/pdfs/31132/31132.pdf Image Sources:
- Nipsey Hussle and Jay-Z Present “What It Feels Like” inspired by the film Judas & the Black Messiah
- The Secret of Regeneration in… Alligators
- You’re Losing Bones Right Now
- Life or Death Farts: How Animals Use Passed Gas
- The Science of Why Bacon and Eggs Are the Perfect Match
- Foxes Might Use Magnetic Fields to Hunt