‘Dark Crystal: Age Of Resistance’ Sets Taron Egerton, Anya-Taylor Joy, Nathalie Emmanuel To Lead All-Star Voice Cast
Children of the ’80s are chomping at the bit for Netflix’s forthcoming Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance — and the all-star voice cast will add fuel to their excitement. Taron Egerton (Kingsman), Anya Taylor-Joy (The Witch), and Nathalie Emmanuel (Game of Thrones) have been set as the three Gefling heroes Rian, Brea, and Deet while additional actors like Helena Bonham-Carter, Toby Jones, Alicia Vikander, Simon Pegg, Andy Samberg and a robust roster of actors will also lend their voice to the return of Jim Henson’s beloved classic which will launch globally in 2019.
The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance is based on Henson’s 1982 feature film The Dark Crystal. The series tells a new epic story, set many years before the events of the movie, and realized using classic puppetry with cutting-edge visual effects. We find that the world of Thra is dying. The Crystal of Truth is at the heart of Thra, a source of untold power. But it is damaged, corrupted by the evil Skeksis, and a sickness spreads across the land. When three Gelfling uncover the horrific truth behind the power of the Skeksis, an adventure unfolds as the fires of rebellion are lit and an epic battle for the planet begins.
Joining the aforementioned voice cast include a long list of actors from some of the most notable TV shows and films. Other Gefling characters will be voiced by Caitriona Balfe (Outlander), Harris Dickinson (forthcoming Maleficent 2), Natalie Dormer (Game of Thrones), Eddie Izzard (Ocean’s Thirteen), Theo James (The Divergent Series), Shazad Latif (Star Trek: Discovery), Gugu Mbatha-Raw (The Cloverfield Paradox), and Mark Strong (Kingsman). The Skeksis & Mystics will be voiced by Harvey Fierstein (Torch Song), Mark Hamill (Star Wars), Ralph Ineson (Game of Thrones), Jason Isaacs (The OA), Keegan-Michael Key (Key and Peele), Ólafur Darri Ólafsson (True Detective), Simon Pegg (Mission: Impossible), and Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine). Aughra will be voiced by Donna Kimball (The Happytime Murders) Additional characters will also be voiced by puppeteers from the production, including Alice Dinnean, Louise Gold, Neil Sterenberg and Victor Yerrid.
In addition to the announcement of the voice cast, Netflix released the first images of the series which you can view below.
- ‘Spider-Verse’ Catching $36M, ‘The Mule’ Carrying Near $18M, ‘Mortal Engines’ Fails To Start With $7M+
- ‘Playmobil: The Movie’ First Trailer: Anya Taylor-Joy, Adam Lambert, Meghan Trainor, Daniel Radcliffe Voice Animation Pic
- 2018 Domestic Box Office Will Cross $11B Mark In Record Time This Week
- Ryan Murphy On New “Feminist Horror Story” ‘Ratched’; ‘Pose’ Signifies Real Industry Change For LGBTQ Stories
- Will ‘The Grinch’ Steal No. 1 Away From ‘Ralph’? Both Animated Pics Eye $15M+ During Slow Pre-Christmas Period
- ‘Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse’ And ‘The Incredibles 2’ Offer Animated Argument For Super-Heroes