Do You Need 10,000 Steps a Day?
⚑ | ❤ 49 | ☻ 0
Check out The Serengeti Rules, airing October 9th at 8pm ET on PBS, or at https://to.pbs.org/2oxTWF4 to learn how five pioneering scientists discovered a single set of rules that govern all life! There are a whole lot of people out there who have bought into the notion that, in order to be physically fit, you should aim for taking 10,000 steps a day. But where did this idea come from, and how did we all agree on this magical, perfect number of steps? Hosted by: Stefan Chin SciShow has a spinoff podcast! It's called SciShow Tangents. Check it out at http://www.scishowtangents.org
Support SciShow by becoming a patron on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/scishow
Huge thanks go to the following Patreon supporters for helping us keep SciShow free for everyone forever: Matt Curls, Sam Buck, Christopher R Boucher, Avi Yashchin, Adam Brainard, Greg, Alex Hackman, Sam Lutfi, D.A. Noe, Piya Shedden, Scott Satovsky Jr, Charles Southerland, Patrick D. Ashmore, charles george, Kevin Bealer, Chris Peters
Looking for SciShow elsewhere on the internet?
- The Universe As We Know It Shouldn’t Exist | The Matter-Antimatter Problem
- Why People are Always Fighting Over the Thermostat
- Things That Go Bump in Your Brain: 4 Scientific Explanations for Ghosts
- Are Soft Cheeses Dangerous During Pregnancy?
- Our Oceans Aren’t Doomed… Yet? | SciShow News