Donny Deutsch Ends Weekend Show On MSNBC
Donny Deutsch has ended his Saturday night MSNBC show, but the network says it was not canceled but rather always was intended as a limited-run summer series.
In fact, the host and MSNBC said Saturday Night Politics with Donny Deutsch was the highest-rated regularly scheduled program in the 8 p.m. ET Saturday slot in the network’s 23-year history.. MSNBC said it averaged just over 800,000 viewers, and it has described the show as an experiment until it can determine what it wants to do on weekends.
While the show beat CNN Newsroom during its run, Fox News’ Watters World Saturday Night averaged 1.69 million viewers, according to Nielsen Media Research. In the 25-54 demographic, Deutsch’s show was third, with about 101,000 viewers to 156,000 for CNN and 209,000 for Fox News.
Fox News Tops Basic Cable In Primetime For Third Month In A Row, CNN Rises, MSNBC Remains At Trump Era Low
Starting this weekend, Saturday Night Politics will be replaced by a rerun of All In with Chris Hayes from a night earlier. Deutsch will continue to appear on Morning Joe and other shows on the network.
He tweeted on Thursday, “With summer coming to a close, so does my season run on MSNBC w/@SNPonMSNBC. I’m beyond grateful for all of your help in making it@MSNBC ’s highest rated Saturday night program EVER! So surreal! I’ll see you all on @Morning_Joe @DeadlineWH, and across MSNBC very soon.”
The show did get the attention of President Donald Trump, who devoted a couple of tweets to disparaging the new series. He tweeted on August 11, “So funny to watch Little Donny Deutsch on TV with his own failing show.”
Deutsch tweeted back, “Bro, thanks for watching again, but you’re WAY out of @SNPonMSNBC’s 25-54 demo. Please invite Jared and Ivanka over next Saturday to watch.”
- ‘Marriage Story’ Was Personal For Noah Baumbach & Tells A More “Expansive” Tale Of The Pain Of Divorce — Venice
- ‘The Goldbergs’ Creator Adam F. Goldberg Steps Down As Showrunner, Chris Bishop & Alex Barnow To Succeed Him
- ‘Hobbs & Shaw’ Tops $100M In China Bow, Nears $600M Global; ‘Lion King’ Roars Past $1.5B WW – International Box Office
- J.J. Abrams Shares Personal Story About Carrie Fisher’s Final ‘Star Wars’ Performance During D23
- ‘Big Brother’ Tops Ratings Thursday Amid NFL Preemptions, ‘Holey Moley’ Finale – Update