Double Dutch Braid Ponytail
I love throwing my hair into a ponytail during the hot, summer heat.
Tossing in two dutch braids is a super, simple way to make your everyday pony a little extra cute. This style works best on second or third day hair when it’s a little too dirty to wear down but not dirty enough to commit to a messy bun.
Try it with wet hair after hopping out of the pool or dress it up for a fun night out with friends! Thanks so much for reading! Have a great weekend – xo, Missy
Double Dutch Braid Ponytail Supplies:
- Rattail comb
- Bobby pins
- Hair band
- Medium-hold hairspray
Double Dutch Braid Ponytail Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair slightly off center.
- Step 2 / Pick up a section on the left side of the head and divide it into three smaller pieces for the dutch braid.
- Step 3 / First cross the right strand under the middle, then cross the left strand under the middle.
- Step 4 / Now cross the right strand under the middle, pick up a new section of hair and cross it under and into the middle.
- Step 5 / Then cross the left strand under the middle and bring a new section into the braid.
- Step 6 / Now repeat those steps continuing the dutch braid, adding in hair to both sides of the braid, working towards the back of the head.
- Step 7 / Once the braid reaches the back of the head and hair is brought in from behind the ear, stop adding new pieces into the braid and continue braiding the section a little further down before sliding a bobby pin over the bottom.
- Step 8 / Then repeat those exact same steps and create a second dutch braid with the hair on the right side of the head.
- Step 9 / When both braids are done, combine all of the hair together into a high ponytail and tie it off with a hair band.
- Step 10 / Go back over the braids, pulling on the edges just to make them a little fuller.
- Step 11 / Take a small section from the ponytail, wrap it around the hair band and secure it underneath with a bobby pin.
- Step 12 / Set the style with hairspray and smooth down any flyaways.