Fishtail French Braid Double Bun
I am such a fan of fishtail french braids because they always look so beautiful and intricate. For today’s tutorial, I decided to recreate this older tutorial and swap out the french braid for a fishtail french braid instead. I also decided to make a few other tweaks so I hope you enjoy the tutorial. Be sure to let me know what you think in the comments below!
Fishtail French Braid Double Bun Supplies:
- Rattail comb
- 10-12 Bobby pins
- Medium-hold hairspray
Fishtail French Braid Double Bun Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair on the right side.
- Step 2 / Divide out a section of hair on the heavy side of the part and divide it into two pieces for the fishtail french braid.
- Step 3 / Start by crossing a small piece from the right side over to the left side and a small piece from the left over to the right.
- Step 4 / Now cross a small piece from the right over to the left, then pick up a new section of hair and cross it over to the left side.
- Step 5 / Then cross a small piece from the left over to the right, pick up a new section of hair and cross it over the right side.
- Step 6 / Repeat those steps continuing the fishtail french braid, crossing small pieces from one side over to the opposite side while adding new sections into the braid until it reaches the ear.
- Step 7 / Once the braid reaches the ear, stop adding new sections into the braid and just continue the fishtail a little further down before crossing a bobby pin over the bottom.
- Step 8 / Next slide some bobby pins along the back of the head that line up with the braid to help create an anchor for the bun.
- Step 9 / Now pin up the braid right over these bobby pins.
- Step 10 / Pick up a section of hair behind the left ear, create a loop over the braid and pin it in place with bobby pins.
- Step 11 / Then pick up a new section, create a loop, and pin it next to the first one.
- Step 12 / Now take a section of hair from the right side of the head, twist it slightly and pin it next to the loops.
- Step 13 / Take the ends and create a third loop, pinning it in place with more bobby pins next to the first two loops.
- Step 14 / Combine the remaining hair, twist it all together and wrap it clock-wise into a bun underneath the loops.
- Step 15 / Slide bobby pins around the base of the bun until it feels nice and secure.
- Step 16 / Set the style with a medium-hold hairspray.