Ford Develops Smart Truck Bed Cargo System
This is probably the most high-tech patent for keeping stuff in your truck yet. The filing indicates that sensors will determine the distance an item extends beyond the vehicle’s sheet metal. Using that data, the system can then deduce whether or not you’re in violation of any local (or worse) federal regulations. Boom. No more tickets for hanging 2x4s off your bed on the way home from Home Depot.
Based on a sample of the diagrams above and below, it looks like the system is capable of monitoring your stuff constantly. So, if that 2×4 shifts, or God forbid, decides to go for a stroll, you’d be notified of its absence. If the vehicle becomes non-compliant in some regard, you’ll be notified as well.
- Alpine's Electric Sports Car Weighs Less Than A Porsche 718 Cayman
- 1971 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R Is A JDM Legend In Pristine Condition
- New Underwater Safety Tests Will Make Sure Flooded Cars Can Be Easily Escaped From
- Cadillac Lyriq Buyers Offered Big Discount If They Agree To Be Tracked
- Bugatti Parades Lineage Of French Racing Blue Masterpieces