Ford Patents New Grille With Illuminated Logo
Lincoln already offers an illuminated grille for models like the Navigator, while other automakers like BMW offer similar optional upgrades. Considering this, we’re inclined to believe that Ford, Lincoln’s parent company, has more advanced uses for this latest patent. Ford’s patent also makes note of the different airflow needs for vehicles with different powertrain types.
While not all patented technologies find their way into production models, they often provide a glimpse into the (sometimes near) future. Last year, Ford was found to have filed a patent for an innovative car cover that doubles as a charger for your EV by utilizing solar power. It remains to be seen if that piece of tech makes its way into production, and if the new grille assembly is merely aesthetic or something more interesting.
- Michael B. Jordan, Bruce Springsteen & Timothée Chalamet Super Bowl Ads Most Watched On YouTube
- Watch Bruce Springsteen In Jeep’s New Super Bowl Commercial
- ‘SNL’: Weekend Update Fires Shots At Marjorie Taylor Greene, “Former Social Media Influencer” Donald Trump
- 2021 Audi RS3 LMS Boasts 340 HP And Lots Of New Tech
- Lee Daniels Warns CNN Of “Dark Time” In America Following Capitol Assault & Racist Undercurrents