Ford’s Mammoth ‘Godzilla’ V8 Isn’t Coming To The Mustang
Nonetheless, Ford’s Godzilla V8 was built with just a singular purpose in mind: to work. It’s a unique design, not based on any other V8 in the Ford production V8 lineup, available in the 2020-model-year Ford F-Series Super Duty and Ford E-Series vans. Peak output is a stout 430 horsepower and 475 lb-ft of torque.
Granted, it’s already been proven that the Godzilla V8 has plenty of overhead for tuners; just this month, Brian Wolfe, Ford Racing’s former director, managed to squeeze nearly 800 horsepower out of the mill while keeping it naturally aspirated. The engine will eventually power a Fox-body Mustang drag racer.
With a retail price of just $8,150, we imagine the engine will land in plenty more drag racer projects before production is through.
- Academy Unveils 2020 Nicholl Fellowships Winners
- Take A Virtual Tour Of Porsche’s 2020 Beijing Motor Show Stand
- NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo Says No Reopening Rollback, Yet, Despite Covid Clusters; Sets NYC Stabilization & Recovery Plan
- 2021 McLaren 765LT First Drive Review: Furiously Fast
- Snap Gets Upgrade, Other Internet Stocks Boosted By Analyst Comparing Them To Software Firms