Former VW, Porsche, BMW And Tesla Execs Are Building A 600-HP Sports Car
Former BMW Motorsport chief engineer Klaus Schmidt, who led the design of Piech’s modular platform, will also become one of two company CEOs. Andreas Henke has been appointed as CEO and Chief Marketing Officer after previously working in strategy, marketing, and sales management roles at Porsche. Jochen Rudat, who directly reported to Elon Musk and helped build Tesla’s European dealer network, was also recently hired as the company’s Head of Sales. With these combined talents, Piech could prove to be a force to be reckoned with in the electric car industry.
Piech expects the next funding round to secure the capital needed to launch its first production car called the GT2. It will take the form of a two-door electric sports car with a sleek design seemingly inspired by Aston Martin cars, but Piech’s flexible skateboard-style platform can support multiple body styles.
- Pioneering “Cooley High” Director Michael Schultz To Be Honored By Black Hollywood Education & Resource Center
- Mercedes-Benz Introduces True Autonomous Parking
- Jim Carrey, Wanda Sykes & More Support NBC Blackout, Push Followers To Watch & Amplify Biden Town Hall
- Reserving A New GMC Hummer Will Cost Less Than You Think
- ‘David Byrne’s American Utopia’ Announces Broadway Return, Premiere Date