Half Up Triple Braid Mini Bun
I have been seeing styles similar to this all over Instagram so of course I couldn’t resist creating my own version of it. I love how edgy it looks and think it’s such a fun style for everyday. Once you master this look you can easily switch it up with french braids or a combination of different braids. If you love this look be sure to check out the Mohawk Braid Top Knot and this double braid version as well!
Half Up Triple Braid Mini Bun Supplies:
- Rattail comb
- 2 Hair sectioning clips
- 6 Bobby pins
- Medium-hold hairspray
- 1 1/4″ Curling Iron
Half Up Triple Braid Mini Bun Instructions:
To prep the hair for this style, I curled small sections away from the face using a 1″ curling iron.
- Step 1 / Begin by dividing out a 1″ section of hair at the top of head.
- Step 2 / Clip down the bottom hair on both sides.
- Step 3 / Pick up a section of hair near the forehead and divide it into three smaller pieces for the braid.
- Step 4 / Begin a dutch braid by crossing the right strand under the middle and then the left strand under the middle.
- Step 5 / Now cross the right strand under the middle, pick up a new section of hair and cross it under the middle strand.
- Step 6 / Then cross the left strand under the middle, pick up a new section and cross it under the middle strand as well.
- Step 7 / Repeat those steps crossing the side strands under the middle strand and bringing new sections into the braid until it reaches the crown.
- Step 8 / Then continue the braid a little further down and slide a bobby pin over the end so it doesn’t unravel.
- Step 9 / Next divide out a new section of hair on the right side of the head by creating a slight arc shape and clip down the bottom hair.
- Step 10 / With this new section, repeat the same steps creating a second dutch braid towards the back of the head and slide a bobby pin over the end.
- Step 11 / Now create a third dutch braid on the left side of the head, dividing out a section of hair, and braiding the section towards the crown before sliding a bobby pin over the end.
- Step 12 / Next pin down the braids at the crown so they’re overlapping each other.
- Step 13 / Remove the other bobby pins from the ends of the braids and unravel them.
- Step 13 / Now pick up a section of hair at the crown and twist it together.
- Step 14 / Wrap the hair clockwise into a bun and pull the ends through the center to create a knot.
- Step 15 / Then continue wrapping the ends of the hair around the bun.
- Step 16 / Slide a few bobby pins around the base of the bun to secure it in place.
- Step 17 / Spritz the hair with hairspray to smooth down any flyaways.
Recent search terms:
- Ebony half up triple Braid mini bun