Honda Civic Type R To Be Revealed Sooner Than We Thought
When the new car is revealed later in 2022, it is expected to pack a mildly re-tuned version of Honda’s impressive turbocharged 2.0-liter Earth Dreams engine, which currently produces 306 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque. Power will be sent to the front wheels via a six-speed manual transmission, but rumors of an automatic option have been spreading.
When the new Type R arrives, it will go head to head with another JDM bombshell, the Toyota GR Corolla. The GR Corolla packs a 1.6-liter three-cylinder engine but still boasts a power output of 300 hp and 273 lb-ft, and to top it off, an all-wheel-drive system. The FWD Civic should hit 60 mph in the low five-second range and could top out at more than 171 mph if the old car is anything to go by.
US fans can see the new car in action at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio between July 1 and 3.
- The World's Most Powerful Luxury SUV Is On Its Way To Customers
- Petition To Bring BMW M3 Wagon To The US Won't Work
- Mini Goes Back To Rally Roots With Countryman Untamed Edition
- The Greatest Cadillacs Of All Time
- Meet The One-Off WILL.I.AMG With Suicide Doors
- Twin-Motor Cadillac Lyriq AWD Will Pack Some Serious Power