Hong Kong Film Star Daniel Wu Joining Lisa Joy-Helmed ‘Reminiscence’ As Hugh Jackman Nemesis
EXCLUSIVE: Daniel Wu, one of the leading actors of the Hong Kong film industry and most recently seen in MGM’s Tomb Raider and starring in and producing AMC’s martial arts drama Into The Badlands, will next star alongside Hugh Jackman and Rebecca Ferguson in Westworld EP Lisa Joy’s directorial debut Reminiscence, sources said.
The film is a mind bending noir love story set in the dystopic near future of a nighttime, super heated flooded global warmed Miami. Wu portrays a dangerous antagonist to Jackman’s character as both share scares from their love for the same woman. The project is set at Warner Bros and FilmNation.
While Wu is American, he has starred in over 60 Chinest language films and garnered four Hong Kong Film Award nominations including Best New Performer for City of Glass (Boli zhi cheng), Best Actor for One Night in Mongkok (Wong gok hak yau) and Best Supporting Actor (alongside Jackie Chan) in New Police Story (San ging caat goo si), a role that also brought him Taiwan’s Golden Horse Award as Best Supporting Actor. He also won the prestigious Hong Kong prize as Best Director for his 2006 feature, The Heavenly Kings (Sei dai tinwong).
His growing presence in Hollywood films has bolstered their appeal in Asian markets.
Wu is represented by CAA, Leverage Management & Ziffren Brittenhsm
- ‘Luther’ EP Hilary Salmon To Leave BBC Studios To Set Up Independent Drama Producer The Lighthouse With Nick Betts & Radford Neville
- Michael Moore Endorses Bernie Sanders: It’s Time To “Crush” Trump
- Trump Tunes In? Tweets Rebuke Of Bill Maher Guest During HBO Show
- ‘The Lightning Thief’ Broadway Review: Percy Jackson Musical Teases Gods And Monsters
- ‘Joker’ Gets Trashed By ‘Saturday Night Live’ With ‘Sesame Street’ Inspired ‘Grouch’ Spoof