Jessica Chastain is ‘Painkiller Jane’ in new comic-book adaptation
Jessica Chastain is being lined up to play Painkiller Jane in a new movie based on the comic book by Joe Quesada and Jimmy Palmiotti.
Deadline are reporting the news that Chastain will star as Jane who first made her debut on comic-book shelves in 1996. According to the trade blog, the film will follow “…a New York City street cop who gets recruited by the FBI to infiltrate a major NYC drug and human trafficking ring. In a near death experience, Jane develops exceptional regenerative abilities that give her a unique indestructible advantage. With nothing to live for and no way to die, Painkiller Jane becomes an unstoppable force of nature seeking revenge to those who destroyed her life as she leaves a path of death and destruction in her wake.”
Chastain will also produce the film with Freckle Films along with Lenny Beckerman and Stephen L’Heureux.
The property was previously adapted into a Syfy TV series back in 2005 with Emmanuelle Vaugier as the titular heroine. The Soska Sisters were also developing a movie in the years past.
More on the new version as we get it. Click here for more info on the source material.
- Techart Transforms Porsche 911 Turbo S Into McLaren 720 Fighter
- That’s Not A Spider: It’s a SNAKE!
- ION Television Announces Vivica A. Fox Holiday Movie Marathon, ‘Christmas Together’ Premiere Date
- Expect This 1999 Honda Civic Si To Sell For Over $50,000
- Why Athletes Are Worried About COVID: Its Toll on the Heart