Lace Braid Ponytail
I have been on such a ponytail kick lately and just can’t get enough of them. I wore this lace braid ponytail recently and posted a picture on the gram. Many of you had asked for a tutorial so I thought it’d be fun to share it as today’s tutorial. Adding a simple, lace braid is such a great way to take your basic pony to the next level so I really hope you enjoy it!
Lace Braid Ponytail Supplies:
- Rattail comb
- 2 Bobby pins
- Hair band
- Medium-hold hairspray
Lace Braid Ponytail Instructions:
- Start 1 / Start by parting the hair on the right side.
- Step 2 / Divide out a section of hair to frame the face along with a small section of hair to add into the ponytail at the end.
- Step 3 / Then divide out a 3″ section of hair for the braid and brush the rest of the hair back to keep it out of the way.
- Step 4 / Pick up a section near the part for the braid and divide it into three smaller pieces.
- Step 5 / Cross the right strand over the middle and then the left strand over the middle.
- Step 6 / Now cross the right strand over the middle and pick up a new section crossing it over and into the middle.
- Step 7 / Then cross the left strand over the middle, picking up a new section and crossing it into the middle as well.
- Step 8 / Now I’m going to cross the right strand over the middle but stop adding in new sections on this side of the braid.
- Step 9 / So then cross the left strand over the middle, pick up a new section and cross it over and into the middle strand.
- Step 10 / Repeat those steps crossing the side strands over the middle strand while only bringing in new pieces to the left side of the braid; working down the left side of the head.
- Step 11 / When the braid reaches almost to the top of the ear, stop adding in new sections and just braid the rest of the section to the bottom in a three strand braid.
- Step 12 / Then cross two bobby pins over the end so it doesn’t unravel.
- Step 13 / Now go back over the braid and pull on the edges to make it wider and more full.
- Step 14 / Take the rest of the hair and combine it into a low ponytail near the nape of the neck.
- Step 15 / Add the braid into the ponytail along with a small section of hair in front of the braid.
- Step 16 / Now tie it all together with a hair band and remove the bobby pins from the end of the braid.
- Step 17 / Take a small section of hair from the ponytail, wrap it around the hair band and pin it underneath with a bobby pin.