LEAKED: Two New Type S Models Will Join The TLX
The key point of the presentation was to tell dealers how the Acura brand plans to increase its US sales to 200,000 units by 2022. For reference, Acura sold 157,385 cars in 2019, which was down slightly from 158,934 cars in 2018. Acura has not hit the 200,000-unit mark in the US since 2006. Around 37 minutes into the presentation, Acura gets very specific on how it intends to increase sales. Fortunately for enthusiasts, the plan involves multiple Type S models.
In addition to the recently-revealed TLX Type S, the presentation mentions Type S variants of the next-generation MDX and a “New Compact Sedan.” This compact sedan could be a replacement for the now-aging ILX, which is based on the last generation Civic. We expect the MDX Type S to use the same 3.0-liter turbocharged V6 from the TLX Type S but perhaps the compact sedan Type S could use the same engine from the next-generation Honda Civic Type R.
- ITV Fills ‘Love Island’ Void With ‘Love Island: Australia’; BBC Acquires Australian Drama ‘The Heights’
- Chevrolet Reveals Four New Silverado HD Special Editions
- ‘Frozen 2’ To Launch Two Weeks Early On Disney+ In UK & Ireland
- Teased! First Look At The New 2021 Lexus IS
- ‘Surviving R. Kelly’ Executive Producer Dream Hampton Attached To Direct Cineflix’s ‘Black Wall Street’