Meet The VinFast President: A BMW X5 Powered By A GM V8
The outputs are identical to those of the Chevrolet Tahoe which is fitted with the same 6.2L V8. In the President, the V8 is paired with full-time four-wheel drive and an eight-speed automatic transmission. It’ll hit 62 mph in 6.8 seconds, so it isn’t quite as quick as the original V8-powered BMW X5 it is based on.
While the powerful BMW SUV profile is noticeable, the President has been comprehensively restyled so most won’t notice the BMW connection, which is a good thing. The same goes for the cabin – yes, the shape of the steering wheel is pure BMW X5 and the gear shift lever looks familiar, too, but a lot of effort has gone into giving the President its own personality.
- Writer-Producer Francesca Sloane Inks Overall Deal With Amazon Studios; Sets First Project With Legendary Based On Works Of Anaïs Nin
- Fastest German Cars Ever Made
- New Hollywood Podcast: Amber Ruffin Gives Details About Her Late-Night Talk Show And Shares The Unlikely Verzuz Battle She Wants To See
- This Widebody Porsche Cayman 987 Is Wild
- Jordan Fisher To Star In ACE Entertainment’s ‘Hello, Goodbye And Everything In Between’