Morgan Revives The Plus 8 With Limited-Edition GTR
“Reviving a V8-powered Morgan at the current time may not seem like the obvious choice for a manufacturer firmly focused on new platforms and powertrains,” said Jonathan Wells, Head of Design at Morgan. “However, when the opportunity presented itself to recommission a number of rolling chassis and create an exciting special project such as Plus 8 GTR, we embraced it fully. This project has allowed Morgan’s design and engineering teams to revisit some of their favorite elements of past Morgan models, as well as experiment with some features that we hope will appear on future Morgan cars,” he says, alluding to the ‘gloves off’ approach Morgan’s engineers have been asked to take with the special edition.
Production of the Plus 8 GTR will begin in summer 2021, with each built to a bespoke specification chosen by the customer. It will also be available in select worldwide markets depending on import restrictions for models from Europe.
- Unemployment: House Stimulus Plan Has Extended Benefits, Another Check, Minimum Wage Raise
- This Porsche 356 Restomod Will Have A Carbon-Fiber Body On A 911 Chassis
- Beyoncé’s Foundation Provides Relief To Winter Storm Victims In Texas
- Watch The Rivian R1T Take Some Serious Punishment
- Netflix & Belgium’s VRT Dig Into Diamond Dealing Drama From Keshet & ‘Line In The Sand’s Yuval Yefet & Rotem Shamir