Netflix UK Chief Anne Mensah To Chair RTS Craft Awards; ITV Studios Remakes ‘Come Dine With Me’ In Middle East — Global Briefs
Netflix’s UK vice president of original series Anne Mensah is to chair the Royal Television Society’s Craft & Design Awards. The awards, which take place in November, are now open for entries and a Casting Award has been added as a new category. The 31 categories also include Make Up Design: Drama and Director: Multicamera. Mensah said: “As we face unprecedented times in the television industry, it is even more important we recognise the tireless creativity and hard work that goes into the amazing output of the UK television community.”
Come Dine With Me is going to be remade in Arabic for the first time after ITV Studios sold the hit format to Middle Eastern broadcaster OSN. Yalla Neta’asha will be produced by ITV Studios Middle East and filmed in the United Arab Emirates over the summer, with 45 episodes being produced. Rolla Karam, interim chief content officer at OSN, said: “We believe that Come Dine With Me will be as huge a success in the Middle East as it is in the United Kingdom and across the globe and are very excited for what’s to come in the pipeline in terms of original productions.” The format has now been sold to 40 countries, with over 14,000 episodes produced globally.
- 2021 Porsche 718 Boxster/Cayman Arrive With Important Upgrades
- Steve McQueen Doc Among Venice Market Lineup; ‘Three Musketeers’ Movie In Cannes Market; Ava DuVernay Execed Series Gets Deal — Global Briefs
- Lamborghini SCV12 Is An 830-HP Track Monster
- Reggie Yates Explains How His BBC Drama ‘Make Me Famous’ Explores The Perils Of Reality TV
- A Fully Electric Kia Seltos Is Coming