Official: Base BMW M8 Is Dead, Long Live The Competition
Luxury coupes and convertibles have seen a massive sales dive recently, explaining why the BMW M8 Coupe and BMW M8 Convertible took a break for the 2021 model year. The four-door M8 Gran Coupe proved popular enough to stick around for 2021, and BMW still offered lesser variants of the 8 Series Coupe and Convertible. Though coupe and convertible sales aren’t any better than last year, two-door M8 models will return for the 2022 model year.
The 2022 M8 Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Competition are all listed on the EPA’s website, sporting 15-mpg in the city, 23-mpg on the highway, and 17-mpg combined. BMW product and technology communications manager Alex Schmuck confirmed to CarBuzz that the EPA filings are correct and that the M8 Coupe and Convertible are officially back.
- Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing Has Something In Common With AMG
- The Destiny Of The Porsche Cayman Still In The Air
- Two Rich Guys Arguing Over Stolen $2 Million Ferrari
- Petersen Museum Reopens With Three New Exhibits
- “People Talk Sh-t In Private. We Can’t Legislate That Away!” – Bill Maher Rages At Teen Vogue Editor Ouster; Jabs Oscar Nods, Meghan & Harry