Part Line Accent Braid
Accent braids are a great way to work a little bit of polish and flair into your look without a ton of effort. This part line accent braid is one of my new favorite styles and an easy way to update your look for the new Fall season.
Part Line Accent Braid Supplies:
- Rattail comb
- 2 Hair sectioning clips
- 2 Bobby pins
- Medium-hold hairspray
Part Line Accent Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin creating a part on the left side.
- Step 2 / Clip down the hair on the right side of the part line.
- Step 3 / Now create a second part half an inch to the left and parallel to the first.
- Step 4 / Pick up a small piece of hair near the top of the section and divide it into three smaller sections for the braid.
- Step 5 / Begin a dutch braid by crossing the right strand under the middle and then cross the left strand under the middle.
- Step 6 / Now begin incorporating new sections into the braid crossing the right strand under the middle, picking up a new section of hair and crossing it underneath and into the middle strand.
- Step 7 / Then cross the left strand under the middle, pick up a new section of hair and cross it under and into the middle strand as well.
- Step 8 / Now repeat those steps continuing the braid until reaches the forehead and all of the hair is brought in.
- Step 9 / Then braid the rest of the section to the bottom in a regular three strand braid.
- Step 10 / Criss-cross two bobby pins over the bottom of the braid so it doesn’t unravel.
- Step 11 / Now take the braid and lifting the hair slightly, pin it against the head above the left ear. Then lay the hair over the end of the braid to keep it hidden.