Suspect down after deputy-involved shooting in Pico Rivera
PICO RIVERA, Calif. (KABC) —
A deputy-involved shooting was reported in Pico Rivera, with one suspect down at the scene, officials said.
The exact nature of the suspect’s injuries and condition were not immediately available.
No Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputies were reported injured.
The deputy-involved shooting happened in the 3400 block of Greenglade Avenue just after 5 p.m.
Officials say a male, believed to be mentally disturbed, assaulted his family with knives or scissors. Deputies were called to the home and made contact with the suspect in the backyard, and that is when he was shot by deputies.
Deputies on the scene are shutting down streets in the residential area as they investigate.
DEVELOPING: We will provide more details as they become available.
(Copyright ©2016 KABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.)
- 730-HP Audi RS6-R Has A Supercar Price Tag
- Bay Area Glass Fire Breaks Out With “Dangerous Rate Of Spread”; L.A.’s Bobcat Fire Crews Monitor Containment
- The Truth About Dog Years (Your Pupper Is Older Than You Think!)
- Volkswagen And Tesla ‘Need Each Other,’ VW Says
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Announces ‘Veep’ Virtual Reunion As Biden-Harris Benefit