Tesla No Longer Cares About Talking To The Press
Here’s a little peek behind the curtain of how the automotive industry runs. When a news outlet needs information about a new car, they email an automaker’s Public Relations department, who give official statements on behalf of the brand. Those PR contacts are also responsible for arranging press cars for review. Now, those reviews can turn out positive or negative, but in general, the exposure for the automaker is typically worth it either way.
Tesla works very differently. The American EV brand is perpetually difficult to reach to the point that it almost refuses to talk to the media. Think about it. Have you ever seen a Tesla commercial or advertisement? Tesla is so disenfranchised with the press, it has actually disbanded its entire PR department, according to a report from Electrek.
- Morgan Freeman, Laurie Metcalf, Ellen Burstyn, Laura Linney, Matthew Broderick Among All-Star Line-Up For Virtual Broadway Play Series
- The Most Underrated Cars In America
- President Trump Calls For Section 230 Repeal As Facebook Yanks, Twitter Tags His COVID Posts
- 2021 Jaguar XF Debuts With Fresh Styling And Improved Tech
- Donald Trump In “Uncharted Territory” With COVID-19 Recovery, Evasive Doctor Says As POTUS Announces Return To White House Today – UPDATE