Tesla’s New California Factory Won’t Build Cars
With more than 400 miles of range, the Tesla Model S is one of the longest-range EVs on the market, though it was recently beaten by the 520-mile Lucid Air Dream Edition. While Tesla is constantly improving battery technology for its electric cars, the electric carmaker also offers the Megapack energy storage system to commercial and utility customers.
Offering a capacity of up to three megawatt-hours (equivalent to 3,000 kWh), Tesla’s Megapack is primarily used by solar and wind farms to store energy. Previously, Tesla’s Megapack was manufactured at Tesla’s Gigafactory in Nevada alongside the Powerwall and Powerpacks. As Tesla’s energy division expands, the Megapack will be manufactured at a new production facility in Lathrop, California, near Tesla’s factory in Fremont, California.
- Lexus LC Gets Improved Handling And A Stunning New Color
- This Lamborghini Countach Is One Of The Most Important Cars In The US
- Ford’s $5.6-Billion Blue Oval City Will Transform The Electric Car Landscape
- Official: New Acura Integra Will Be A Hatchback
- One-Of-A-Kind Porsche 968 L’Art Celebrates 30 Years Since The Original