Tolman Edition Peugeot 205 GTI Is 200 HP Of Retro Hot Hatch Perfection
Tolman Engineering, a restoration outfit in the UK, has created the ultimate hot hatch restomod with the Peugeot 205 GTI. It’s particularly refreshing to see a restomod of a more attainable car, and not something costing six figures that few could hope to afford. That said, this cheeky 205 isn’t exactly cheap.
Already an icon amongst ’80s hot hatches, the little French wonder has been fettled with to boost power, improve handling, and introduce modern amenities to the retro interior. Tolman Edition vehicles receive a ported cylinder head for improved engine breathing.
The company also equips the 205 GTI with a Motec ECU and a fly-by-wire throttle. This, says the brand, improves throttle response and provides better starting in cold and hot temperatures. The firm’s in-house developed stainless-steel exhaust emphasizes the Peugeot’s playful exhaust note.
Buyers can elect to fit the optional Quaife ATB differential which, together with the Michelin Youngtimer PE2 tires, improves on the already phenomenal dynamics and handling.
- Dodge Direct Connection Will Sell You SpeedKore Carbon Fiber Upgrades For Your Challenger
- Icy-Cool Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution Is US-Legal And Ready For Dakar
- Bentley Introduces Sixth Iteration Of Iconic Flying B Mascot
- Tesla Semis Will Need More Electricity Than A Small Town To Charge
- Novitec Takes The Ferrari SF90 Spider Up A 1,000-HP Notch
- New Porsche Configurator Is Here To Ruin Your Productivity