Tony Award-Winning Producers Sue Wagner & John Johnson Form Wagner Johnson Productions
Seven-time Tony Award winning producers Sue Wagner and John Johnson announced today the formation of Wagner Johnson Productions, a new venture that will see the longtime collaborators produce and general manage an array of theatrical productions including their current slate of the Almost Famous musical and the full range of Scott Rudin Productions’ theatrical ventures.
The Broadway-bound Almost Famous, based on the 2000 film and opening this month at the Old Globe in San Diego, is co-produced with Lia Vollack and Joey Parnes.
“I have worked alongside Sue and John since they first began in this business,” said Parnes, Wagner and Johnson’s longtime mentor, in a statement, and it has been a great privilege to see them grow into the industry powerhouses they’ve become. I’m particularly thrilled that we will get to continue working together on Almost Famous.”
Lifetime Morning Show Revives ‘Broadway Balances America’ For 6th Season; ‘Band’s Visit’, Donna Summer Musical On Roster
Said Wagner and Johnson: “Joey Parnes has been an incredible mentor and we feel very lucky to have learned from him and worked along side him for the past 17 years. We’re deeply proud of our joyous past collaborations and we look forward to many more.”
Joey Parnes Productions, established in 1999 and winner of 8 Tony Awards, will continue operating in its Manhattan headquarters, with new Broadway and London projects in development. Tony winning productions have included A Gentleman’s Guide To Love And Murder, Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike and the revival of Hair.
Wagner and Johnson’s Broadway credits include Gary: A Sequel to Titus Andronicus, Hillary and Clinton, King Lear, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Waverly Gallery, The Iceman Cometh, Carousel, Three Tall Women, Meteor Shower, 1984, The Glass Menagerie, Hello, Dolly!, A Doll’s House, Part 2, The Front Page, The Humans, and A Raisin in the Sun, among many others as well as touring and West End productions.
Laurence Fishburne, Sam Rockwell Set For ‘American Buffalo’ Broadway Revival
- Afton Williamson’s Sexual Misconduct & Racism Allegations Rejected By ‘Rookie’ Producer eOne; No “Inappropriate” Behavior Occurred, Probe Says
- Broadway Takes $29M As Fall Creeps In; ‘Slave Play’, Mary-Louise Parker, Lin-Manuel Miranda’s Hip Hop Improv Arrive
- ‘It Chapter Two’ Balloons Franchise To $1B+ Global; Tarantino’s ‘Hollywood’ Overtakes ‘Basterds’ WW; ‘Downton Abbey’ Serves Up Early $12M Debut – International Box Office
- Becki Newton & Michael Urie To Star In Siblings Comedy ‘Fun’ Set At CBS With Big Commitment
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ House Targaryen Prequel From George R.R. Martin & Ryan Condal Nears HBO Pilot Order