Toyota’s GR Yaris Is A Bona Fide BMW M2 Hunter
Just as the GR Yaris has been hailed as one of Toyota’s most exciting new cars, the same is true for the junior M car. However, the two are a world apart. The BMW is a rear-wheel-drive coupe and the GR Yaris is an all-wheel-drive hatchback. The Bimmer has precisely double the number of cylinders and produces 405 hp and 406 lb-ft from its 3.0-liter turbocharged engine. Both cars, however, have manual gearboxes. You’d think, then, that the Yaris would be left far behind on a track. But the little hatch is such a nifty handler that it made up ground through the corners, with the M2 only really showing its hefty power advantage on the straights.
- Fremantle Earnings Plummet $66M Amid Coronavirus Pandemic, But 90% Of Shows Back On Track
- BMW M’s ‘Birthday Surprise’ Could Be The Return Of The CSL
- ‘Homeland’s Patrick Harbinson To Adapt Kate London’s Met Police Novel ‘Post Mortem’ For ITV
- Hyundai’s Battery Fire Recall Has Huge Financial Repercussions
- Piers Morgan’s Final ‘Good Morning Britain’ Watched By 1.3M Viewers, Beating ‘BBC Breakfast’ For The First Time