US Coast Guard Orders Two ZR1 Corvette Engines
The LT5, as you may remember, is a 6.2-liter supercharged V8 that produces 755 horsepower and 715 lb-ft of torque in stock form. It was only used in the 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 yielding a 0-60 mph time of under three seconds but the engine can still be ordered separately as a crate motor.
We are proud to have completed these two Katech LT5 Marine AirBoat Engines for the US Coast Guard,” said Katech on its Facebook page. “These engines reach 800 hp on 91 octane [gasoline] and engine data is displayed to the boat operator via a Bosch Motorsport DDU9 integrated with the factory ECU. When it comes to LT5 development, nobody is more ahead in the game than Katech. Stay tuned for more updates, products, and news!”
- NBC Boss On the Hiring & Firing By ‘Saturday Night Live’ Of Comedian Shane Gillis Over Racial Slur Controversy
- Bollinger Is Taking Serious Measures To Protect Its Tech
- CBS Buys Romantic Comedy ‘Arranged’ From ‘Man With A Plan’ Co-Producer
- Toyota Responds To Huge RAV4 Hybrid Demand
- Nicholas Hoult Joins Tom Cruise In Next ‘Mission: Impossible’