Volkswagen And Tesla ‘Need Each Other,’ VW Says
Keogh was later asked what the reaction was like at Volkswagen after the reveal, and he shared that he witnessed a few comments to the effect of “rest in peace, Tesla.”
“I’m not sure I agree with that, but okay.”
Volkswagen is confident that it got things right with the new ID.4. “We’ve got a car that’s frankly awesome and priced right, and we’re excited,” Keogh said, calling the ID.4 “just cool as heck” with its silent operation and satisfying drive. “It moves like a spaceship,” he said.
The RWD ID.4 Pro launch model will start at $39,995 in the US this spring before any incentives or federal tax rebate are applied, and an AWD version with the same 82-kWh battery pack will launch later in 2021 at $43,695. The following year, Volkswagen plans to introduce a budget version priced at around $35k with a smaller 55- or 62-kWh battery pack.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Announces ‘Veep’ Virtual Reunion As Biden-Harris Benefit
- Cadillac’s Next Electric SUV Looks Mean
- AFI Fest To Laud Sofia Coppola, Kirby Dick, Rita Moreno & Mira Nair
- Lincoln Navigator Has A Surprise Waiting For The Cadillac Escalade
- UCP Adapting ‘The Lost Kids’, Podcast About Controversial Troubled Teens Program, As Docu-Series