Volkswagen Atlas Borrows Cool New Color From Golf R
VW had many factors to consider before choosing green as a color. Bold colors look great on smaller models like the Golf GTI but can sometimes be overwhelming on large vehicles. “At the time, green was being adopted in industries like fashion, cosmetics, and interior design,” said Jung Lim Park, Senior Color & Trim Designer at the Design Center California. “When consumers are willing to invest in a color by painting their living room walls green or buying a green couch, it is a good indication they will be willing to follow a similar trend in their next vehicle.”
After finalizing green as the color, VW’s designers picked out Racing Green from the fifth-generation Passat, which was built from 1997 to 2006. Racing Green was strongly considered as a throwback color for the 2020 Passat but was most recently used on the Golf R as one of the Spektrum colors, where it was one of the 10 most popular options.
- WGA Files Amended Complaint In Yearlong Legal Battle With Big 3 Talent Agencies
- Here’s Why The VW Arteon R Should Be A Coupe
- BBC Studios Appoints Ding Ke As Its China Chief
- Musk Sues California County AND Makes A Serious Threat
- Tina Fey Returns To ‘Weekend Update’ As Martin Short, Josh Gad & Danny Trejo Join ‘SNL’ Season Finale