We’ve Got Bad News About Volkswagen’s Radical ID Buggy
Revealed in concept form at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show, VW designer Klaus Bischoff told CarBuzz at the time the wild off-roader would reach production in two years. Unfortunately, that will no longer be happening because Germany EV mobility specialist e.Go Mobile, which had been contracted to build the vehicle as a low-volume model, recently filed for insolvency. The ID Buggy, simply put, no longer had a viable business case. But some of the preliminary work done on the ID Buggy won’t be going to waste.
The Ruggdzz is set to get its chunky-looking bumpers, high ground clearance, and off-road tires. Its interior will also have a fairly simple layout and will be easy to clean, a key selling point for its intended outdoorsy audience. Another interesting thing VW is reportedly working on is a modern-day version of the WW2 era Kubelwagen.
- Melania Trump Book Excerpt Claims Boast She Was “Driving Liberals Crazy”
- GMC’s All-American, All-Electric Hummer Is Heading To Russia
- ‘Big Brother’ Tops Thursday Ratings As ABC Leads Final Night Of RNC
- Teased: Chevrolet’s Tesla Model Y Fighter Is Coming
- Netflix Renews German Original ‘Biohackers’ For Second Season