William Wintersole Dies: Veteran Actor On ‘The Young And The Restless’ Was 88
William Wintersole, who played the role of Mitchell Sherman on daytime drama The Young and the Restless for more than 20 years, died Tuesday at his Los Angeles home at age 88. He passed from complications of cancer, according to his daughter.
Wintersole also played Ted Ballantine on General Hospital in the 1980s, and had appearances on I Dream of Jeannie, Kojak, Little House on the Prairie, Quincy, Bonanza, Star Trek and The Fugitive during his career.
An Ohio native, Wintersole was born on July 30, 1931, and began his acting career in the 1960s.
He is survived by his life partner, Marlene Silverstein, and daughters Tiffany Harmon and Katherine Ramsey. He had three granddaughters, Kristy, Amy and Jill, and one great granddaughter, Abby.
- ‘NCIS: New Orleans’ Shocker – Original Castmember Says Goodbye After Six Seasons
- Martin Scorsese: Marvel’s Triumph Over Cinema “Fills Me With Terrible Sadness”
- ‘The Affair’ Finale: Sarah Treem Explains The Payoff For The Five Season Journey Of Noah & Helen Solloway
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Calls Out “Shark” Harvey Weinstein Following Recent Incident
- Bill Maher Asks Ronan Farrow A Frank Question (For The Third Time)